Tradify ABN 50 305 384 651
This policy sets out how Tradify collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
By accessing or using the Site or Tradufy' services you agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
Tradify and privacy
Tradify is bound by the Privacy Act (1988).
What personal information is collected?
Tradify collects personal information to assist it and its related bodies corporate to conduct their activities and provide the range of services they offer. Personal information collected by Tradify may include:
- identification details, which may include name, address, email address, phone number, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- limited credit card information;
- user ID's and passwords;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
- information submitted in placing a listing of an item on the Site, for example item details and pricing;
- information about the devices on which you visit Tradify;
- information about your activities on the Site such as bidding, buying and selling activities, forum messages or ratings you post or reply to, messages you send through Tradify to other members and correspondence you send to us (Tradify Communication Services);
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network or where you make any payment using PayPal);
- social profile information;
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
- records and content of communications with Tradify or any other person including records and content using any functionality made available by Tradify including but not limited to any forums, comments or ratings functions. Please note that such records and content may be stored and scanned by Tradify.
How is personal information collected?
Tradify collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to Tradify in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise) for example when you create a listing of an item on the Site or when you enquire about an item on the Site;
- directly from you when you communicate with Tradify or any other person using Tradify Communications Services;
- from third parties such as:
- Tradify related companies;
- resellers of Tradify services and service providers to Tradify.
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the Site;
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from 3rd party data providers who have been directed by you to send us information on your behalf;
- through use of Tradify proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
- from organisations identified or described under the heading "How is personal information disclosed"
How is personal information used?
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to maintain appropriate business records;
- to research, develop, improve and use within Tradify products and services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Tradify services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Site;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to send you newsletters, promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know.
- for purposes connected with the operation of the Site including to help ensure safe trading on the Site, verify account authenticity, send invoices, facilitate payments, resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to personalise the site experience and / or the advertising you see when you visit the Site or elsewhere; and
- to contact you.
- To provide shipping address for items purchased or for collections (pickup).
How is personal information disclosed?
Tradify may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than Tradify. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- Tradify staff and Tradify' related bodies corporate and their staff;
- the public if you advertise with Tradify or use publicly available Tradify Communications Services;
- individuals and organisations that advertise with Tradify if you submit an enquiry or seek certain services through Tradify
- If you do not want Tradify to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an enquiry.
- trading partners (members of the Site with whom you have completed a transaction) Note: members you have completed a transaction with can request to exchange contact details with you (name, address and phone numbers);
- Service providers who offer their services via the website including transport services, payment services, or others.
- outsourced service providers who assist Tradify to provide its services including:
- information technology providers;
- marketing and market research advisers; and
- professional advisers; and
- payment platforms.
- entities to whom you request we send your information; This will include providing your address on invoices for delivery of goods purchased or for pickup of items sold etc.
- resellers of Tradify services;
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of Tradify assets, business or shares;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police;
- a rights owner or their legal representatives where intellectual property infringement is alleged;
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Maintaining personal information quality
Tradify strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. You may update certain personal information through your membership account (if you have one) to contact us by email.
Tradify may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
How to access your personal information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please click on the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. There is no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Please note that depending on the volume or nature of the information required, it may take a number of days to fulfil the request.
About security and personal information and credit card information
Tradify takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on Tradify' systems.
Tradify protects credit card information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input. Your full credit card details are not stored on Tradify servers. Credit card payments are processed by a third party Australian payment gateway company. Credit card information for customers on 'Auto-Bill' are stored by the payment gateway.
Transfer of personal information outside of Australia
Dealing with Tradify anonymously
You may deal with Tradify anonymously by using a pseudonym, unless Tradify is required or authorised by law to deal only with an identified person, or it is impracticable for us to respond to you if you have not identified yourself.
What if you don't provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, Tradify may not be able to provide you with the full range of Tradify services.
Tradify, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the Site, Tradify records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Such information collected by Tradify may be linked to other information Tradify holds about a user, compiling a complete profile about Tradify users' browsing activities on the Site.
Tradify may use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit its website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to websites in order to provide advertisements about good and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/.
Tradify uses "cookies" and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years, or longer in some cases). Cookies may be used by Tradify or by service providers engaged by Tradify to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the Site, measure and analyse usage of the Site and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the Site and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to those Sites or other sites or platforms. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. Cookie data may be sold, licensed or otherwise provided to third parties for sale via advertising exchanges for this purpose. If cookies are disabled Tradify may not be able to provide you with the full range of Tradify services.
Tradify uses Google web analytics tools to measure and analyse internet usage across the Site. This service helps us measure and respond to our online consumers. The data collected does not identify a user personally.
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
Po Box 52, Burwood, Victoria.
How this policy changes
Tradify treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. If you would like further information about privacy in Australia, please review the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner's website.
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.